- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- 2 red shallots, diced finely
- 2 garlic gloves, diced finely
- 3cm slice of ginger, crushed
- 1 lemongrass stalk pounded with the side of a knife and diced finely
- 8 kefir lime leaves, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tins coconut cream
- 4 chicken thighs chicken cut into small pieces
- 1.5 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 tblspn brown sugar
- 3 tblspn fish sauce
- 2-3 tblspn fresh lime juice
- 3 fresh Thai chilies sliced
- Fresh coriander chopped, for garnish
- 2 fresh lime, sliced
Add shallots, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and kefir lime leaves into a heavy based saucepan with the oil and gently heat until fragrant.
Add chicken broth and simmer gently for 5 minutes, letting the broth infuse. Add the chicken and mushrooms and gently poach, simmering for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
Stir in the coconut cream, fish sauce, chilies, and salt and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the lime juice and sugar then taste. Adjust salt and lime as required.
Serve with slice chilies and coriander and sliced lime.
By: Chrissy Rob