Facilities and Parking
The market is free to enter and as an essential service remains open 8:30am - 12:30pm every Sunday.
Cars can enter the Adelaide Showground Farmers' Market via Rose Terrace and find us in and around Stirling Angas Hall. Simply tap your Visa or Mastercard at the boom gates for touch free ticketless parking. Pedestrians and bicycles can enter via Leader St.
Market facilities include indoor and outdoor stalls, shelter, parking, bike racks, toilets and ATMs.
- ATMs - There are ATM’s available inside the market. Most stallholders have eftpos facilities but a handful only accept cash.
- Toilets - There are male, female and disabled public toilets just behind the Market Pavilion.
- Baby changing - The female toilets have baby changing facilities.
- Shade and shelter - There is undercover seating inside the Market Pavilion and at the outdoor cafes.
- Weather - The market is open every Sunday (apart from during the Royal Adelaide Show) regardless of weather but the market may close earlier during extreme weather events.
- Dogs at the Market - Registered assistance dogs are permitted at the Market. Adelaide Showground Farmers' Market is a busy food market so other dogs are not allowed due to health and safety concerns.
- Smoking - The market is a smoke-free area.
Adelaide Farmers’ Market Parking
Car parking is available in the Showground through both the Rose Terrace and Leader Street entrances at special rates on Sundays:
- the first half hour of parking is free
- up to two hours is $5
- all day parking is $11
Simply tap your Visa or Mastercard when entering through the boom gates at either entrance for touch free ticketless parking.
Market Members can purchase an annual car parking pass which allows them to park all day on Sundays (except during the Royal Adelaide Show).
See the Adelaide Showground website for more information and a site map.
Limited free parking is available in the residential streets around the Showground site.
Bike racks are provided at the Leader Street market entrance.
Parking, Access and Facilities for People with Disability
Accessibility - The market is completely on the flat and there is an accessible toilet in the main toilet block behind the Market Pavilion.
Disabled Parking - Parking spaces are available for people with a disability (see above for parking fees). Enter the Showground from Rose Terrace and there are designated disabled badge parking spaces in the corner close to the pavilion. The Rose Terrace car park is closest to the market location in the Stirling Angas Pavilion.
Public Transport – The Showground is located on main train, tram and bus routes, with stops within a 5 -10 minute walk of the Farmers’ Market. For details see Getting to the Market or for timetable information visit the Adelaide Metro website.
Bicycle Racks – A sealed bike/pedestrian track runs to the market from the Adelaide CBD across the southern parklands and alongside the train line. Bike racks are provided at the Leader Street entrance to the Showground.