Become a Stallholder
The Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market is a place for farmers and producers to sell their food direct to the local community. We’re always looking for more South Australian producers to feed the demand for regional, fresh food, and we have a particular interest in free-range, organic and sustainable products.
How can I become a farmer’s market stallholder?
- Check that you meet the Stallholder Criteria.
- Take a look at the Stallholder Application Process.
- Finally apply online.
- You’re also welcome to contact us if you need any more information or help.
Advantages of The Adelaide Showground Farmers’ Market
- We are the largest farmers’ market in South Australia.
- Our market provides local farmers and food producers the opportunity to sell fresh, seasonal produce and other food and farm products direct to consumers.
- Our market attracts around 3,500 shoppers every Sunday.
- Many shoppers are regular customers, with around 3,000 people signing up each year to become a Market Member.
- You can join the market to trade on a weekly, fortnightly, seasonal or casual basis (some restrictions apply).
Benefits of becoming a market stallholder
Our farmers’ market supports small family farms, agricultural diversity and the production of fresh, regional and seasonal produce.
The benefits of becoming a stallholder include:
- Low overheads compared to a retail outlet
- The opportunity to test products and packaging
- A great test market for new brands and products
- Excellent exposure
- Building a network of loyal customers
- Free promotion on our website
- Tips on how to run and promote a successful stall
- Industry-specific information via a weekly stallholder newsletter
We are a farmers' market, therefore we don't have arts and crafts stalls.
To be eligible to trade at the market, you must be the person who has grown, reared, caught, harvested, made or produced the food or produce that you sell. And, most importantly, it must be produced here in South Australia from South Australian produce.