As a not-for-profit organisation we rely on the goodwill and support of our community.
If you can spare one Sunday morning a month, we’d love you to join our fun and enthusiastic team of volunteers. Full training is provided to all new volunteers.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Information Stand on Sundays to find out more.
Volunteer at the Information Stand
We're looking for people to join the Market Team at the Information Stand to:
- greet customers
- process memberships and merchandise sales
- provide information to visitors.
Training is provided to all new volunteers.
Contact us at email@example.com or visit the Information Stand on Sundays.
Gate Meet & Greeters
This role is pivotal in the market, being the first to greet shoppers as they arrive and enter the market.
A welcoming comment or greeting can set the day for shoppers and this volunteers easy and welcoming manner will make shoppers feel like they are part of the market family. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Information Stand on Sundays to find out more.
You will answer general questions about the market as people arrive if asked and generally be a source of information.
- Customer service
- Friendly and helpful demeanor and a passion for farmers' markets essential.
- Able to retain and deliver information to members of the public as needed
- Able to be on their feet for the duration of the market and comfortable being mostly outdoors
- Flat fully enclosed shoes essential
The role of the Bin and Composting Monitor is to make sure market customers are disposing of their waste correctly. The market has been soft plastic free since early 2019, long before other supermarkets and the state made it a 'thing' and has a strong Responsible Packaging Policy. Our three bin system is vital to align with our sustainability ideals and we need the help of Bin and Composting Monitors to educate our shoppers and stallholders. There is NO HANDLING of waste in this position at all.
This position is ideal for people interested in sustainability and recycling. Email email@example.com or visit the Information Stand on Sundays to find out more.
Set Up and Pull Down Roustabouts
This position helps set the market infrastructure up prior to the market opening or pull down after the market closes.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Set up of market café areas including erection of umbrellas, placement of seats and tables
- Placement of bins and bin signage
- Placement of signage
- Sweeping of café areas and pavilion
- Set up of children’s play area
- Set up of special event areas
Other duties as required within the scope of the Set Up Roustabouts
- Friendly and helpful demeanour and a passion for the market is essential.
- Physical capable to move minor equipment
- Ability to use a hand operated pallet jack
- Ability to converse with stallholders
- Not adverse to working outside in inclement weather
- Able to work unsupervised
- Flat fully enclosed shoes essential
All volunteers MUST hold a valid Police Clearance Certificate (These can be applied for through the market at no charge). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Information Stand on Sundays to find out more.
Volunteer at the Market Kitchen and Kids’ Club
We’re also looking for volunteers to help in the Demonstration Kitchen once a month on Sunday mornings. This involves working alongside our stallholders and guest chefs to:
- assist them prepare for their cooking demo
- help with serving
- help with cleaning up
And don’t worry - no public speaking is required!
Our Market Kitchen volunteers also assist the presenters of Kids' Club activities. If you're willing to undergo a Working with Children Police Check to help with Kids’ Club, please contact us at the information stand or email email@example.com
We are grateful to the fabulous people who volunteer their time and skills to support the Market.