- 1kg pork belly
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2tblspns fresh ginger, grated
- 2tblspns fresh garlic, grated
- 4 stalks spring onions, sliced into 2cm pieces
- 4 pieces star anise, broken up
- 1/4 cup chinese rice wine
- 1tspn cinnamon
- Additional 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3tblspns brown sugar
- Additional spring onion to serve
Cut the pork belly into 4 cm chunks.
Place pork, 1/4 cup soy sauce, ginger, garlic, spring onion, star anise, cinnamon and Chinese wine in a pressure cooker and cook for 15 mins.
Once cooked remove all ingredients including all the liquid and place into a large non stick fry pan. Add the additional soy sauce and brown sugar.
Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook stirring regularly for a further 25 mins until the liquid has reduced into a thick sauce and the pork is melt in the mouth tender.
Serve with extra fresh cut spring onions.
By: Chrissy Rob