Kangaroo Island Wild Caught Queen Scallops shared this simple method for barbequing their delicious scallops.
1 dozen scallops
Olive Oil or Butter
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat barbeque on high
- Add butter and parsley to the scallops in their shell
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place scallop shell to hot plate
- Cook until just cooked through (around 3 minutes) then serve immediately with a wedge of lemon.
Crispy or chewy? It’s a tough decision! While searching for the origin of the ANZAC biscuit culinary historian Allie Reynolds sifted through mountains of recipes to come up with her favourite of each version
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes for CHEWY or 20-25 minutes for CRISPY
- Serves: 30-32
Ingredients for Crispy ANZACs
- 1 cup / 5 ½ oz / 150g plain flour
- 1 cup / 3 oz / 90g Rolled Oats
- ¾ Cup / 2oz / 60g Desiccated Coconut
- ½ cup / 3 ½ oz / 100g Caster Sugar
- 4 ½ oz / 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons Golden Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Boiling Water
Ingredients for Chewy ANZACs
- ½ cup / 3 oz / 75g plain Flour
- ½ cup / 3 0z / 75g SR Flour
- 1 cup / 3 oz / 90g Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup / 2 oz / 60g Desiccated Coconut
- ½ cup / 3 ½ oz / 100g Caster sugar
- 4 ½ oz / 125g Butter
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon Boiling Water
- Pre-heat oven to 170C / 325F /150C Fan Forced / Gas 3.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment or lightly grease.
- Mix flour, oats, desiccated coconut and sugar in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup in a large pan over medium heat, then remove the pan from heat.
- Combine boiling water and bicarbonate of soda; add to butter mixture and mix well (it will froth up).
- Stir into dry ingredients until combined.
- Take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into a ball – put on trays allowing room for spreading, makes 30 -32 biscuits.
- Press the biscuits down firmly to flatten using the back of a dessertspoon.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove trays from oven and leave biscuits on the baking tray to firm up, leave until completely cool about 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove trays from the oven but leave biscuits on the trays for five minutes to firm up before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Store in an airtight tin.
BBQ Butterflied Leg of Lamb
Fiona Roberts provided this recipe for a simple marinade from Market ingredients
- Preparation time: 20 minutes + overnight marinating
- Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2kg ZARA GRACE butterflied leg of lamb
- ½ cup Bald Hills extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the marinade, place olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, sea salt and pepper together in a large non-metallic mixing bowl, whisking to combine. Place lamb in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Heat a covered barbeque (eg. Weber) on high for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-high. Place marinated lamb on the barbeque grill, cooking for 5 minutes on each side and closing the cover each time. Reduce the heat to low, leave cover down and cook for a further 15-20 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove lamb from the barbeque, cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes before serving.
NOTE: This recipe used a baby Weber Q but cooking times may vary, as all barbeques are different