- 60ml salted butter, melted (extra olive oil for vegan version)
- 2tblspns vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 4 large gloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large apple, cord and chopped finely
- 2tblspns grated ginger
- 1 cauliflower head, chopped into pieces
- 2tblspns Thai yellow curry paste
- 1tspn tumeric powder
- 3cups chicken stock (vegetable stock for vegan version)
- Pinch salt
- 400ml can coconut cream
Preheat oven to 180C
Brush the cauliflower pieces with the melted butter and roast cauliflower until golden brown, approx 20mins.
Add olive oil into saucepan and add onions and cook over medium heat until soft and translucent. Add garlic, ginger and apple and cook until garlic takes on a slight colour and the mixture is fragrant. Add turmeric and curry paste and salt and cook over medium heat for approx 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add roasted cauliflower and stock and cook over a medium heat for ten minutes.
Using a stick blender, puree until smooth. Add the coconut cream and stir through thoroughly.
Bring back to serving temperature. Adjust seasoning if required.
Serve with additional piece of roast cauliflower on top, scattered with chopped almonds and coriander.
By: Chrissy Rob