Delicious 100% South Australian baked goods from Lina's McLaren Vale kitchen.
Lina and Giovanni Frada bake a range of beautiful baked goods in their McLaren Vale kitchen using local, South Australian produce including herbs and vegetables grown in their own backyard. Lina’s recipes change due to demand or her inspired imagination, but the following products remain constant every week:
· Pies: chicken, mushroom and leek, beef stroganoff, curried lentil also spinach and pumpkin.
· Pasty: mixed vegetables with cheese, beef and spinach.
· Sausage roll: with pork, apple, onion and sage.
· Puff pastry parcels: ricotta and spinach, pumpkin and sage, roast veggies with chutney and also ricotta and cheese.
· Tarts: leek and gorgonzola (family size available), olive, tomato and glazed onions as well as egg and bacon.
· Quiches: chicken and sweet potato with rice crust, sweet potato and asparagus with ricotta and spinach base, baked ricotta, glazed onions, pesto and roast capsicum and also potato and leek.
· Sweets: white chocolate or rum and raisin cheesecakes, Portuguese custard tarts, vanilla and sherry slices and also fig, hazelnut and almond torte.
· Biscuits: angel wings (Italian crostoli), vanilla and walnut.
· Gluten-free biscuits: Greek almond and egg white, walnut and almond.
· Gluten and lactose-free: brownies as well as almond and orange muffins.
The Warrakilla Fine Foods also produce a range of condiments including: mustards, jellies, cider vinegars, vinaigrettes and jams. Also, home-made tomato sauce and sun dried tomatoes in oil.
You will find Lina and Giovanni inside the pavilion at the Adelaide Farmers’ Market every Sunday.