Financial Specialist Wanted
22 July | Coming Soon
Support our Nonprofit Farmers' Market by joining our Committee as a Financial Specialist
The ASFM is looking for a Financial Specialist to join the ASFM Committee and take on the role of Treasurer. The Treasurer also Chairs the Risk and Finance Subcommittee. The position is a volunteer role for a period of two years. Data entry and daily management of the accounts are performed by the ASFM team under the guidance of our appointed accounting firm. Auditors are appointed by the members at the AGM.
The role of Treasurer oversees the association’s budget, financial planning and cash management while limiting risks to the organization and includes oversight of the ASFM finances and providing advice to the ASFM committee on its investment strategy for its reserves, which currently includes investing in managed shares.
- Oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements to the management committee
- Liaise with the Executive Officer about financial matters
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place
- Ensure that record-keeping and accounts meet the conditions of funders or statutory bodies
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Ensure use of funds complies with conditions set by funding bodies
- Advise on financial implications of strategic and operational plans
- Present accounts at the AGM
- Advise on the organisation’s reserves and investment policy
- Ensure required insurances are in place.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification
- 5+ years of experience in corporate financial management
- Proficient with financial software system – Xero
- Proven working knowledge of banking industry rules and regulations
- Proven working knowledge of ATO rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills (including strong experience in Microsoft office products, especially Excel)
- Requires appropriate handling of confidential information.
If you have any questions or believe you would be suitable for this vital role please apply via email to our Executive Officer, Christine Robertson at email@example.com All applications to be submitted before 5pm on 24th August 2020.